Sunday 19 February 2012

January Spotlight Winners

Happy Sunday crafters, I'm here to announce our two In the Spotlight entries for January and wow, did we have problems whittling our favourites down to two. 

So many entries during the month and such fabulous pieces of artwork, we knew from the start we are going to have a tough job but we did get down to two eventually and I am thrilled to announce these are Natali and Lai-Yoke, here are their entries, a little about what appealed to the DT and a bio about each of our Spotlight winners, in no particular order...............

 Links removed to comply with GDPR

Natali entered two stunning creations showing versatility with the same stamp, here's what the DT thought "Love the white on white, it shows off the beautiful image so well" and "the white on white has been balanced perfectly with the subtle colour"
Hello Everyone!! My name is Natali. I am from Russia ( I no really good with English why sometimes you can see my SME (Sorry my English) in your blogs comments )) lol) After I met my husband I moved to his country- Malaysia (Summer paradise ))) lol) And stay here 7 years with my hubby and two little angels (angels-when they sleeping )) lol)

I started my crafting journey long time ago.. Knitting, Crochet, Cross-Stitch (it was my first big love ))) and 6 years ago when I was mummy-to-be I met new friends at some “new mummies” forum” and they invited me for some challenge: “make cards and send to birthday girls from team” It was fantastic..  I didn’t have that time any stash for card making (here in Malaysia it was no popular that time) but had BIG wishes to do that. ))  In 2009 my husband presented me Big Shot and I “open my wings” ))) lol Only in 2011 I decided to open my blog and share my projects with everyone (was not sure and scare before )) lol) I am so happy I did it finally because I met here so many fantastic people which inspire and support me. Thank you so much each and everyone. Thank you Brenda and  Design Team of “Penny Black and More” Challenge Blog who voted for my card.  It was absolutely amazing news I was chosen to “spotlight” here.  I wish everyone all the best!! Enjoy your crafting and have fun!!!
***********************************************************
Lai-Yoke's fabby entry cleverly combining two stamps, this is what some of the DT said "Great sample of versatility of this stamp and gorgeous simplicity" and "Love the simplistic elegance of the card and the clever way she combined the two images"

First of all, I would thank the talented Design Team of Penny Black and More for choosing me as “Spotlight” of the month.

Although I was born in Malaysia, I spent my teenage life in Singapore and now happily married to a dutchman and taking care of two children in The Netherlands aka Holland.  We love travelling and have been very fortunate to been able to live in Finland and Austria for a couple of years! I’ve always love art and craft; currently I am into designing and sewing bags, stamping and occasionally crochet.  My main creative pursuit at present is definitely cardmaking as there are so many possibilities for completing a mini “artwork”!

I started making cards when I was a teenager with color pencils, scissors, and glue without any tools such as stamps or inks.  My images were usually cut from newspapers and magazines.  But ever since I was exposed to the stamping world in 2006, my addiction cannot be stopped. 
My style leans towards clean and simple look but now with a diversity in card making techniques, I love to try them all.  Penny Black’s range of stamp styles is so wonderful that anyone can find what they are looking for, especially with the new release of London Collection which I find them so cool. Thank you so much for this “spotlight” opportunity!
************************************************************

Isn't it lovely when crafters share a little bit about themselves with us and give us an insight into their crafting journey, thank you for taking the time to do so and our congratulations to you both for your wonderfully inspirational work.

Don't forget there is still almost two weeks remaining in which to join in our February colour bingo challenge and as always some fabulous prizes on offer, so we do hope you will find time to join us.

4 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

You have found yourself two wonderful spot- lighters Brenda, I know Lai-Yoke's work and she produces some wonderful unique designs.
Natali card is also beautiful and her post was a great read.
Smiles:)

cheap hotels in singapore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
walchowDesign said...

First of all a very BIG Thank you Brenda and DTs for choosing me as the spotlight of the month! I'm so proud to share my work with all the crafters! Congrats, Natalie on being the spotlight of the month too!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congratulations Natali and Lai-Yoke. Beautiful cards!