Sunday 5 February 2012

February Challenge

Good Morning and welcome to our February Challenge.

This month we are inviting you to Play Bingo.................but with a little twist as I have come up with a colour bingo grid........i thought it would be fun to try something a bit different and I would love to hear what you think to the idea. The same principal applies where you choose a line going in any direction and then work with those three colours.


You can make just about anything you want providing it has a line of the bingo colours and remember:

* You can enter up to three times.
* Use any make of stamp.
* Entries using a Penny Black stamp will be eligible for an extra prize draw.
* All entries will be eligible for our "In the Spotlight" feature.
* No digi images allowed.

* This challenge will close at midnight on 29th February.

Lots of you will know that the big USA trade show CHA which took place last week, always sees the launch of the Spring Collection of new Penny Black stamps. Here are a couple of sneak peeks of some of the beautiful cards on display in the Penny Black booth which give you a little taster of what is to come.


Stamps will be available from your local stockist in about three weeks time, but you should be able to pre order so you can be amongst the first to get your hands on them.


Already in store are the fabulous London Collection and if you have not already checked them out what are you waiting for as early indications are they are going to be in great demand with the upcoming Olympics which we here in the UK are so proud to be hosting. And we also have the Queens Diamond Jubilee which will be celebrated the first week in June, so it's going to be a busy Summer in London this year.

So it's over to you to go create and share your wonderful work with us.


Here are the three super prizes from Penny Black this month....................




Sir Stampalot our regular sponsor for the winning entry using a Penny Black stamp will have all the new stamps in store any time now, or you can pre order as soon as they pop up here and that's the place you will find everything new and inspirational for 2012.

Here is the prize from them this month............................



So many prizes this month and here is another from Letraset who are back with us this month. They are always coming out with new and innovative products so do keep your eyes on their website.


The prize from them is the Spring set of Aquamarkers, their fabulous watercolour system. These are my colouring medium of choice and I know if you try them you will be hooked as well.

And finally a little collection of ribbons, roses and stick pin embellishments I made one day when I was having a play, as you do.................


My lovely teamie from Allsorts Fleur is our Guest Designer this month and she has come up with this beauty using the Kraft, Blue and Green line....................


Brenda
Yellow, black and white

Clare
Yellow white and black

Ellie
Kraft, green blue


Louise
Brown, black and blue

Turquoise, brown and cream


Mervi
Turquoise, white, blue


Shirley
Brown, black, blue

Tracy
Turquoise, brown and cream


Good luck to you all.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

21 comments:

Stamping Susi said...

Thank you for the challenge opportunity and for the fantastic inspiration from the DT-Ladies. Crafting for this was so much fun!

Deena said...

this challenge looks like a lot of fun...off to see what I can come up with!

Anja's weblog said...

Hello,

Thanks for letting me play in this challenge....But something went wrong. No.5 is not good because i placed the wrong URL. Sorry. Maybe somebody can remove it? No.6 is right.

thanks,
Anja

Rach83 said...

Great bingo board and inspiration from the DT. Good luck to everyone.

Rachel x

Esther said...

great inspiration from DT...and fab idea for colour Bingo..but no Purple ??? :-) Esther xx

Monica said...

I love this colour bing!!! WOw...it's a great idea ^__^
I used turquoise-cream-brown

Simone said...

Gorgeous creations, girls!!! Thank you for the inspiration!
Simone

cardsbyann said...

I'm terribly sorry but I've made a mistake with my entry (#41). I use both traditional and digi stamps and had forgotten your no digi rule until right after posting. :( I tried to delete my entry with no luck. Please disregard my entry and I will make a note of your rule for future entries. Sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully I can get another card done without digis to enter in this fun challenge!
-Heather M

Colien said...

Nice challenge, loved to join this bingo!
grtz.Colien

Margaret said...

loved this colour bingo just hope my thumbnail is going to stay there. I am not that computer savy.
Margaret M

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Love the Bingo challenge theme! I used the brown, black and blue. Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

May said...

I am having GREAT PROBLEMS linking my entry will keep trying, May x x x

May said...

Hi it's now saying a problem with mr linky?? anyway no ones fault lovin the colours in the bingo, Hugs May x x x

Jane said...

Oooops I'm so sorry, I had so much uploading my image I now see that both my entries have appeared..please could you delete number 59. I tried from my blog a few times and from my computer...it kept saying that am "opp" was missing?! Love the challenge!
Jane x

Jane said...

Sorry I wrote that in a hurry...it should have said so much "trouble" uploading -LOL.
Jane x

Shelly said...

Fabulous challenge girls! I too had problems uploading but it seems to be ok now. Thanks for the lovely inspiration from the DT, Shelly x

Cumbrianlass said...

Great cards by DT, and a great challenge
Janet

Elle said...

Awesome Challenges, love the DT cards. Thanks

Anonymous said...

hi brenda, here i am uploading just before the deadline and i'm having trouble linking up my card, which can be found here.

Dorothy S said...

I hope my thumbnail shows up. Will try to check tomorrow. I seem to have trouble with this version of MrLinky - is that what it is called? Fun challenge, BTW.

Susie Little said...

Mr Linky isn't there for me! Here is my make xxx